Gavin has climbed out of his crib 2 days in a row now!! I thought I was going to keep him in the crib even when the baby got here! But he had other plans. Yesterday morning he came walking in my room with a HUGE smile on his face. I was in shock! He has never even tried to climb out! And yes, he did it again this morning! I just pray that it doesn't come down to fights at nap time because he knows how to get out of his bed! I have horrible memories of Gage not willing to take a nap! He would just walk right back out of his room over and over!!
But now the dilemma, what do I do? I don't want him to get hurt trying to climb out, I don't want to put the crib into a daybed just to turn around in two months and give the crib to the baby. Do I put Gage and Gavin together now? I had planned on waiting until after Christmas to put them together. I just can not in my wildest dreams imagine them sharing a room, let alone a bed!!! But I also don't think I can put Gage's full bed and the extra twin bed in one room. Any way we do it I think we are headed for a nightmare! Any suggestions?
6 comments:
leave the crib up and put gages bed in gavins room and see what happens! It may be a little tight, but at least they will be in different beds.
Bunk beds!
I am kind of crying for you right now. I say buy a crib tent or something - Naps cannot end for you right now!!!! Kaitlyn is still in her crib and will be until she gets married (I wish). That leaves Abbi in a pack and play still but at least Kaitlyn is still alive. Good Luck - we will pray for you!
I agree with Jenni. Get a tent. If that doesn't work, keep the baby and Gavin together. After Trish was born we kept her in our room for 2 months and then moved her and her pack n' play in with Cameryn. It works most the time. They both have to be seriously crying before it wakes the other up. I put Cami in a bed just before her 3rd birthday and the arrangement still seems to be working...as far as sharing a room goes.
Gwen
Until the baby arrives - Locks. Switch the doorknobs on Gavi's room so the lock is on the outside. If you need instructions, ask Mom and Dad. :)
Good luck -- I have absolutely no suggestions. Even after 3 months of MJ being in Elle's bed -- she continues to be "silly" in bed, i.e. bending over Elle at night, forcing open Elle's tired eyes while saying "wake up" and "open your eyes, Elle".
Post a Comment