Kennady Mae Decker
February 5th, 2009
Born at 8:02 am
8 Lbs. 0 oz.
21 inches long
What a wonderful week we have had! This pregnancy and delivery and hospital stay was different than my two boys and it has been such a nice experience!! This was a planned C-section, so I never had to go through labor and I had babysitters lined up! The anesthesiologist allowed my Mom to come to the OR with me and Jeff, I was very grateful! Other than the panic attack I had in the OR,(it was a very embarrassing, out of body experience! It isn't a good thing when your blood pressure drops dangerously low!), the delivery went very smoothly. They even handed us the baby in the OR and let us carry her out of the OR with us. Jeff and I just kept looking at each other like, aren't they going to take her away from us. In fact we kept her with us the entire hospital stay except for the nightly weight check! It was a surreal experience! I guess that is what happens when you have a healthy baby!! It was nice to be able to spend some time with Kennady alone before I came home! I can't thank my Mom and Dad enough for taking Gage and Gavin!! I know that it was not easy! So thank you! The sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's turned into a no sleep party in Grandma and Grandpa's bed!
Gage has been really cute and gentle with her! He likes to kiss her. When Gage was watching her first bath he asked, "Where is her pee pee?" We finally got one without a pee pee!
And when we got home today she started to cry and he said, "I don't think she wants to live with us!"
Gavin is clueless to the situation. He thinks "bebe" is another stuffed animal! He says "mine" and wants to drag her around like his teddy bear!
I am so excited for this new little baby! This whole experience has been so surreal! Everything from not expecting to be pregnant, to finding out it was a girl, to not being sick during this pregnancy, to bringing her home today! I am already in love with this little girl, she hasn't left my side since her birth! She looks a lot like Gage did as a baby, but also a lot like I did. It is exciting to be able to finally see myself in one of my children!
12 comments:
I'm so excited for another grandaughter!
Brooke and kennady will be such good friends.
I'm so glad the Doctor allowed me to be in the operating room. It goes down as one of the highlights of my life. Birth is such a miracle!
congratulations!
Can't believe those pictures I took kind of gross.
Oooh I'm sooooo relieved all is well and you are soaring high on happiness! Cherish the moments.
Gwen
Other than pink, what colors is (will) the nursery painted?
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your family. She is so cute!
What a beautiful addition to your family! congrats!
We love you all!
She's so cute congratulations. Have fun on your time off with her.
Congrats! Sounds like everything has gone smoothly. You so deserve that. How is it having 3? I am scared for 2. She is adorable. I can see alot of you in her. Have fun and ENJOY!!
She's beautiful. Congratulations. Welcome to the world of pink, dolls, barbies, princesses, makeup and also the DRAMA. It's so fun! I love her name.
SO CUTE!!!!!! I loved the picture of Gavin on his knees on the hospital bed holding his little sister! What a lucky girl to have two big brothers to protect her. We think the same of Cam - He is lucky to have two sister to protect him as he is a bit of a whimp and Kaitlyn can scare anyone off. Have fun!!!
Love the pictures! I should have skipped a few of them when I was showing the boys though. Caleb can't get the stomach picture out of his mind and has asked me a million different questions! Way to go Grandma!
Anyways, she's adorable! Can't wait for the rest of the family to meet her.
Congrats Deckers! She is adorable. What fun it will be to have a daughter.
We love you!
Congrats! She is so cute! She looks a lot like you (Em) I think! I'm so excited for you! Girls are so fun! you will love dressing her up all the time and doing her hair...it's awesome! Congratulations!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment