WE'RE HAVING A BABY! SURPRISE!! IF IT'S NOT TO YOU, IT SURE WAS A HUGE SURPRISE TO ME!!! THIS WAS UNPLANNED AND UNEXPECTED! I HAVE A DEGREE IN NURSING AND I HAVE TWO OTHER CHILDREN, SO I AM FULLY EDUCATED ON HOW TO GET CHILDREN! I JUST STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW I GOT THIS ONE! I AM STILL WAITING ON SOME SIGN OR VISION FROM THE VIRGIN MARY! AND TO THINK THAT MY OTHER TWO CAME WITH FERTILITY MEDICATION, AND THEN THIS ONE JUST POPS UP OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE. I AM NOT MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY, FINANCIALLY READY FOR THIS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. WHEN I FOUND OUT, I WAS STRUGGLING SO HARD THAT MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS! SO NOW, SEVERAL WEEKS LATER, I AM ABLE TO TALK ABOUT IT WITHOUT CRYING HYSTERICALLY! WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL YOU ASK, CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY? I AM TRYING, I AM JUST NOT READY FOR ANY OF THIS.....NAUSEA, VOMITING, FATIGUE, FAT, MATERNITY CLOTHES, FAT, BREAST FEEDING, FAT, NAUSEA, FAT, ...OH AND DID i MENTION BEING NAUSEATED AND FAT! LET ALONE MY BABY IS ONLY 17 MONTHS OLD. HE WILL BE A MONTH SHY OF 2 YEARS WHEN THIS BABY IS DUE! SO FOR ALL OF YOU WITH KIDS CLOSE TOGETHER PLEASE GIVE ME SOME PEACE OF MIND.
SO FOR ALL YOU OF THAT HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHY THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF ME WATER SKIING AT THE LAKE THIS YEAR, IT IS BECAUSE, I HAVE NOT. THIS IS A VERY BIG SACRIFICE FOR ME, NOT ONE I WAS READY TO SACRIFICE THIS SUMMER!
BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN NEARLY AS SICK SO FAR AS MY OTHER TWO PREGNANCIES!! USUALLY BY THIS TIME I HAVE HAD AT LEAST ONE ROUND OF IV FLUIDS AND PUCKED MY BRAINS OUT! BUT THE VOMITING HAS BEEN MINIMAL AND THE NAUSEA, FOR THE MOST PART, HAS BEEN CONTROLLED WITH MEDS! SO THIS MEANS ONE OF TWO THINGS IN MY MIND, 1)IT IS A GIRL (ONE CAN HOPE CAN'T THEY?) OR 2)HEAVENLY FATHERS HAS PROMISED US HE WON'T GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE, AND I KNOW I COULD NOT HANDLE BEING AS SICK AS I HAVE BEEN WITH MY OTHER PREGNANCIES.
WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT I ASKED JEFF TO GIVE ME A BLESSING. I TOLD HIM I HAVE PRAYED FOR A LOT OF ANSWERS SO YOU BETTER NOT STOP THIS BLESSING UNTIL YOU HAVE MADE SURE YOU HAVE TOLD ME EVERY LAST THING YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO TELL ME!! AND LETS JUST SAY, IT WAS A VERY LENGTHY BLESSING, BUT ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL ONES JEFF HAS EVER GIVEN ME. I WAS PROMISED A LOT OF THINGS AND COMFORTED BY A LOT OF THINGS. I WAS TOLD EVERYTHING WOULD WORK OUT JUST FINE. I AM TRYING AS HARD AS I CAN TO HAVE THE FAITH I NEED TO BELIEVE IT, BUT MY HUMAN MIND IS STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW!
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON RIGHT? THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING ME, AND I KNOW I HAVE BEEN KNOW TO SAY THAT A LOT. I AM JUST NEEDING A LITTLE TIME GETTING THERE!
IT IS NOT THAT WE DIDN'T WANT MORE KIDS, JUST NOT NOW.
BUT THIS IS THE REALITY, WE WILL TAKE IT AS A BLESSING, AND RELY ON FAITH AND PRAYERS THAT THIS IS MEANT TO BE.....
BABY DECKER IS DUE FEBRUARY 12TH (GRANDPA'S HAPPY B-DAY!!)
Kewpie
1 day ago
10 comments:
Emily, You have the faith needed to make it through this whole unexpected process. You demonstrated that in your blog. Yes, there is a reason why you are having this baby now rather than later, but only our Heavenly Father knows that reason. Jeff has given you a blessing, you said you received answers you were looking for, now the hardest part of all is to be able to cling to that blessing to help you through the next few months. You have a wonderful family and extended family that will be there in an instant if you start to puking your guts out and will be able to help with your other darling boys. Whitney and Kelsey are 21 months apart and they have loved it. We love you and your family and we will pray for your ability to have good health so that you can be the ever wonderful mother that you are during this hard time for you. Love Bernie
Well, we are excited for you, and we know everything will work out. You just might not be able to read a 700 page book in two days once baby #3 comes along :) I can't seem to find any free time to finish the book!!
Things I can no longer do with three kids in tow:
go to the grocery store quickly
go out to eat (and enjoy myself)
Finish the laundry in one day
keep the kitchen (or any room) clean
Go a day without saying "Why did you do that?"
Things I CAN do now that I have three kids:
Really enjoy a night out with just my husband.
Take a screaming kid out of sacrament meeting and NOT be embarrassed about it.
Wear my PJ's until 1:00 p.m. (ok all day) and have no remorse.
Pray like I've never prayed before
Serve with no thought of reward
Beg for forgiveness
Talk to those I love and trust about things that are really bothering me. (Don't keep things bottled up-any good therapist will tell you the same. The more you talk about stuff the better you can cope with it. It helps to adjust your perspective.)
of course you can do this, you are Emily Decker for goodness sake. When have you let anybody tell you what you can or cannot do? When the voice of doubt whispers... tell it to GO AWAY!!
Love you
Gwen
P.S. It is hard!
Emily and family,
Congrats! We are so excited for you. I am sure that all will go well for you and your family. Maybe Tyler and Jill have broken the boy trend in your family and you will get a beautiful little girl. I would give anything to have a little girl! Our Heavenly Father will bless you and help you through this time in your life.
We will all be there for you and keep you in our prayers.
Luv, Aunt Fayone
Wow Congrats! Don't worry about your kids being so close! Austin and Jeff are 15 months apart and I survived it! They are good friends and it is nice for them to have play mates! Jeff was a huge shock to me and I bawled and bawled and bawled and when I thought I was done...I bawled some more! I am very thankful for all my children! 3 are just as easy as two!
We love you and are excited!
Thank you for being so honest, it's very refreshing. Everything will be ok and in time this will be just another memory to be filed away under "the early years".
Congratulations - I am wishing a little girl for you.
Hugs,
Tara xoxox
Congrats, I know it will be hard when you feel tired and sick. But look at it this way at least you didn't have to go through all that yucky stuff again to try and get pregnant! Honestly, have Gage come over and play anytime!! Colton would love it!!
Emily, I knew you were glowing when we saw you at Abbi's blessing! We are very excited for you to join us in crazy land. As our pediatrician told us three is hard but the sooner you go crazy the better - Just get it over with because it is inevitable. I can't say we are there yet... we are still enjoying Abbi's newborn sleepy stage but you just have to remember there are "moments" everyday that keep you going - sometimes you have to rack your brain but they are there. We need to do a FHE at the park soon. We love you guys, good luck and remember the sooner you get them down here the faster they get out of your house.
Hey, congratulations you guys! Although unexpected, I'm excited for you and know everything will work out.
Post a Comment