
Well, there were definitely times that I would argue that Disney Land is the happiest place on earth. More than once I asked myself what in the world I was doing! But overall we had a great time, and it was nice to get away and worry about different things.
Warning, this will be a very long post, with way too many pictures, so you may just want to skim this one.




The first day we got there we walked around the Disney Land park, then we went to Goofy's dinner. It was sooooo cute. I would recommend it to anyone. It is pricey, but is all about the experience, right? It was a kids dream come true. It was buffet of everything a kid loves...hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, spaghetti, fruit and so on. Then they had this dessert bar for kids full of cupcakes, rice krispies, gummi worms, pudding........ Plus they had Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale, and Pluto come to your table and see your kids. It was so cute!!! We went back to our hotel late that night complety exausted and we hadn't even been to Disney Land yet!
Jeff and Gavin at Goofy's dinner

Gage with Dale

Gage's dessert

Gage with Chip

Gavin loving his dessert

Goofy coming to visit our table, this is as close as he came because Gavin was terrified of all the characters and would cry when they came around.
The next day we headed to Disney Land. I wasn't sure how the boys would do on the rides, since they haven't really been on too many before, but they LOVED IT! Even Gavin. Gavin's favorites were the merry go round, the tea cups, and Dumbo. I rode those rides with Gavin too many times to count. Gage's favorite was Buzz lightyear. We rode that one several times as well. Jeff took Gage on some of the rides that I couldn't go on, he didn't say much about them, I don't think he loved them, but he didn't complain.





Jeff's sister Paula and her daughters Wendy and Abbey drove down and met us at Disney Land. I don't think I could have done it with out them!! Thank you!!! They were troopers to ride the kiddie rides with us. And to help hold Gavin. It was crowded, the lines were long, and it was hard to hold Gavin the whole time! We had a lot of fun with the girls!

Gage, Gavin and Paula

Jeff and Gage

Gage

Paula and Wendy

Wendy, Abbey and Jeff




Gavin in Toon Town

Gage in Toon town

Gage and Mickey Mouse!
The next day we headed over to California Adventure. I like this better than Disney Land. Gage knows a lot more of the characters over there and it was less crowded. I thought the Bugs Life area was really cute.

Jeff, Gavin and Gage

Gavin riding the lady bug teacups

Gage, Gavin and Jeff riding the caterpiller from a bugs life, this ride was really cute, you rode through food and it smelt like the food you were riding through, like watermelon and animal crackers.

Then we say a little 3D Bugs life movie, it was super cute.


We went to the Playhouse Disney show. The boys could dance and sing along to the shows, Handy Manny, Pooh, Little Einsteins, and Mickey Mouse club house. They loved this one, and it was fun to watch Gavin dance and get soooo excited.

Emily and Gavin riding the new toy story ride, the boys loved it!


Gavin once again on the merry go round

We went to the Pixar parade. It was the best parade I have ever been to. It was short and sweet, and very cute. The boys were in heaven!!!












Thanks Wendy and Abbey!!
The next day we headed back to Disney Land.



This time Gage wanted nothing to do with Pooh and Tigger, but Gavin wanted to see them.

When Gavin saw Tigger he was blowing him kisses and touching him. It was a big change from the terrified screaming at all the other characters he saw!

Gavin once again on the merry go round

oh, and once again on the tea cups

The parade at Disney Land was not nearly as impressive, but the boys liked it.





The last day the boys got to pick out one toy. You can't see them very well, but they have not put there toys down since they got them. Gage has been sleeping with his Buzz.
The next day we rented a car (YEAH!! I couldn't have done another day of shuttles!!) and we drove to Newport beach. We stayed at the beach awhile. We almost missed our shuttle back to the airport, but we won't talk about that!!

Gavin's favorite thing to do at the beach is chase the birds!









I was completely exhausted by the end of the trip. It was a lot of work!! But I think the boys had fun and that was the point. And then we come home to snow and REALITY!!!
7 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! Love the pictures. We were in Disney World in May for 10 days! Had so much fun.
I'm glad Paula and the girls were there.... they are the BEST!!! I miss them and want them back here with me! :)
We are so jealous!! It looks like you had fun. Knowing what you know now, would you go again with kids that age?? We want to take Cameron and Kaitlyn but wonder if we are insane. We can't wait to see Addi. We really like that name!!
Fun! I love Disneyland. It is still my favorite vacation for sure. I haven't seen Wendy or Abby since Matt and Jen's wedding... oh my! They are grown up!
Wow! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I am glad you got to get away and escape reality, at least for a few days. I loved that Gage has been sleeping with his Buzz toy since then; that ride is awesome. Last time we were at Disneyland, Matt and I rode that ride about 20 times, trying to get as many points as possible. And of course, Matt always won. He even won when we did the ride with our eyes closed. Glad you had fun. Hope you are feeling okay!
Looks like you all had a good time! Those fun vacations are few and far between.
Looks like you all had a good time! Those fun vacations are few and far between.
Looks like you all had a good time! Those fun vacations are few and far between.
Post a Comment