Monday, December 15, 2008

Just an update on what we have been up to the last few days. On Thursday night we took the boys to the lights at Thanksgiving Point. Of all the years we have gone, they really seemed to enjoy it the most this year. And it takes all of 5 minutes!

On Friday we headed down town to look at the lights at Temple Square. The boys were not as impressed as I thought they would be. They were onry and it was crowded. We still had a good time and we got to eat dinner at Hires. Gage loves to eat at the restaurant that "brings your food to your car window".

On Saturday Jeff and I headed down town by OURSELVES! We went to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert. It was really good. I especially enjoyed the theme this year. It focused on the fact that this has been a hard year for many, but we have a lot to be grateful for. And that it is O.K. to celebrate Christmas despite the hard times. Take in the sights, sounds and smells. After the concert Jeff and I ate at the Roof! My favorite! Have you seen their dessert bar?! And the rolls are heaven!

Sunday the boys went to John Paul's baby blessing. I am sorry I missed it! But the boys were soooo excited to show me the homemade candy canes they made!

It was a busy, fun weekend. We still have LOTS of Christmas activities that we would like to do, but it seems like time is going by soooo fast, and I am running out of steam. I think I have had 8 hours of sleep total in the last 3 nights!







1 comment:

Apron Appeal said...

I was told that if you go to the roof 30 minutes before they close, they open up their dessert buffet for $10.00 a pop. It's worth looking into if you love that chocolate mousse as much as ME!

Gwen