Monday, March 17, 2008

The Birthday weekend!

Well yesterday I told the story of the "birthday weekend" to the girls at work . The whole break room was laughing at my misery. I feel now that I can laugh at the situation , so I am ready to blog it. Unfortunately you can tell nurses a lot more details than you can just the average person, (we have very sick senses of humors!!), so much of the story will be left out to spare you information you would just rather not know. But that just doesn't make it as dramatic or funny for that matter!! So here it goes......

Gavin's birthday (on Friday) started out great!! We gave him a ball (which he loves!!) and a cozy coupe radioflyer which he LOVES!! So he was enjoying his gifts, Gage was having fun with them as well. All was going well. Until the afternoon, Gavin was down for a nap and I thought I'd better start making the cakes for his party. Gage decided to turn on the naughty button. So he spend the next 3 hours in and out of timeout. Which made it really difficult to pay attention to making the cakes. Needless to say I ruined one cake that was for the adults. I had tried my hardest not to buy the usual cake from Costco that we do EVERYTIME! But needless to say we had a Costco cake. The cake for Gavin actually turned out just fine, with help form Jeff. But Iwas mad a t Gage and frustrated that I had put all this time into making a cake that was a COMPLETE disaster. (Still debating whether to add pictures of it, because when I realized that I had ruined it, I put it all together anyway with out leveling it for dramatic effect!)
So I am very emotional all weekend and I am crying over the cake. So Jeff comes home, we decide to go out for dinner, than take the boys swimming. We went to Sweet tomatoes, not my favorite, but Gavin is a people watcher and he loves seeing everyone getting up and down! He had a blast, plus they have healthy options for the boys. So dinner was not bad for the Decker's. Gavin did throw a plate of peas on the floor, but I consider it a success for us. So we take the boys to the pool. I am sure you with kids know what a chore it may be to get to boys and yourself into swimming suits in a gym locker room. They are crawling around on the floor, running around naked.... it is an event. So we are in the pool, I sneak my camera in, get caught, so I don't get pictures of Gavin swimming on his birthday. We had been swimming for maybe 5 minutes at the most when Gage chokes on the water and throws up in the pool!! Did I mention he had fruit punch for dinner?! OK so Jeff tells the lifeguard. He asks us where the throw up is! Jeff is like, "well he threw up over there, but now it is every where!!" So they inform us they will close the pool down. We dart out of there as quick as we can before everyone can get mad!! So back to the locker room to redress the family! FUN! So that was Gavin's birthday! I have to admit, I think Gavin had a fine day, it was just his mother and brother that didn't have a good day. So the next day, Saturday, Gage wakes up as ornery as the previous day, and so did I. I am trying to clean my house for the party and have a complete break down! Why? I don't know. Well we go to the Gateway to go to the Discovery Gateway! The kids are having a Great time!! But the digital camera's memory card is full, and I didn't bring another. Good thing I have my SLR, until some kid grabs my lens and yanks it! Cant get my camera to work! By this point I had had it! Anyone who knows me knows I have to have pictures! So it took me a while to get the camera working again. We come home to get ready for the party!! Gage cried and fought with his cousins the WHOLE time!! I am sorry to everyone who was there, because I am well aware that it was a miserable few hours! I feel like it is a lot of work and money to have a party and it just wasn't fun! It is a real let down!
So to continue onto the rest of the weekend, on Sunday I was just sick, (this is where I am leaving out details!!) Monday, I take Gage to school, I am still sick. Gage's teacher calls, says he is sick. I pick him up and as soon as we walk in the house, I run to the bathroom, and Gage pukes all over the floor. I am a bit preoccupied myself, unable to help Gage. I come out to find Gavin playing in the puke. Whole family in the tub. I call my doctor, I have to go in and get some medication samples. Do I dare take us in the car that far? I will need a change of clothes for me and Gage! Well we brave it! I bring a bowl for Gage. He doesn't need it in the car at all, Yeah! I ask him if we should bring it into the doctors office with us. He replies he is just fine. So off we go, the second we walk into the doctors office, "MOM I'm going to throw up!!" AHHHHHH! and he did. Lovely. Then traffic is so bad, it takes us an hour to get home. I had one responsibility that day, and that was to pick up Caleb from school, which I was incapable of. What a loser I am. My parents take Gavin off my hands.(thank you!) And Gage and I go home, lay on the couch together and sleep and moan and feel yucky!! Gavin on the other hand must have felt left out, felt like he was getting enough attention, because it was on this pucky day that he started WALKING!! Little stinker!
So here is a picture or two of our weekend...... (OK maybe a roll or two, I know I get carried away!!)
The day starts out perfect...


Note Gage is happy!
The cozy coupe!!

Too tired to eat lunch, Gavin falls asleep in his highchair, he has supposedly done it before, but I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes!
Still happy!
I love balls! But now is the time that Gage began to look something like this for the rest of the day


The disaster cake! Dramatic effects added!

Gavin in his suit in the gym locker room

The next several pictures are of our trip to Discovery Gateway!! Would highly recommend to anyone!! The kids LOVE it!! Even Gavin!


Gage was so BRAVE to sit in the helicopter, he was really scared, but once inside he had fun. He said I think I will be brave today! He faced his fear!



Now back to the Decker house for the party! Gavin loves pizza!Present time!! Gage loves this Mickey Mouse helicopter Grandma and Grandpa gave him!! He walks it around the house! It is so cute!


A lot more of Gage looking something like this!



The monkey cake for Gavin to dive into!

Hurry up and sing so I can get a piece of that monkey!!

Yummy!! I love cake!

Rinse off in the sink!
Gage looking like this some more!



Well that about sums it up!
"THE END" Party poopers!

3 comments:

bernie said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick! That really stinks! You are such a good mother and I especially love the cake. All my cakes look like that too! Happy Birthday to your cute Gavin!

Chandee said...

Sure am glad that others are out there with the same things going on, just different addresses. Gavin looks like he had a great day. The puke part did make me chuckle a little, only because I can acutally picture it something very similar happened at our house once.

Chandee

Wildingkids said...

I hope all is "Well" now!! It's amazing how just loving your children can make it all better! I sometimes just hug and love my children just to make it all go away!!